Heat Pump Repair in the South Shore
Your heat pump should provide reliable, effective heating and cooling throughout the year. At Blue Bear Plumbing, Heating & Air, our highly trained HVAC technicians will keep your heat pump in prime condition to deliver the comfort you deserve.
When components fail and performance falters, our thorough diagnostic procedures will help us quickly resolve the issue.
24/7 Emergency Heat Pump Repair
HVAC breakdowns happen when you least expect them, but Blue Bear Plumbing, Heating & Air is always ready to answer your call with 24/7 emergency repairs. We’ll arrive quickly and restore proper system operation so you can have the heating or cooling you need.
Call 781-706-4682 now to request 24/7 emergency heat pump services in the South Shore.
Signs You Need Heat Pump Repair
It’s important to closely monitor your heat pump for signs of problems. If you notice any of the following issues, we recommend scheduling a service appointment right away:
- No airflow
- Musty or burning odors
- Buzzing or grinding sounds
- Insufficient heating or cooling capacity
- Ice on the evaporator coils
- Leaking refrigerant
Common Heat Pump Problems & Their Solutions
Heat pumps are a great HVAC option for your MetroWest home, but that doesn’t mean they won’t ever lose energy efficiency or break down. Whenever you detect problems with your heat pump, it’s important to have a licensed and insured HVAC technician inspect the unit to accurately diagnose the cause of the malfunction.
As your heat pump ages, you may notice some of the following issues:
- Constant operation: Constant operation can be caused by malfunctioning thermostats, dirty air filters, dirty coils, a stuck reversing valve, or refrigerant leaks. It is also caused by having an incorrectly sized heat pump.
- No airflow: If the heat pump isn’t operational, it can indicate problems with the thermostat, power supply, dirty air filters, or a bad starter capacitor.
- Frozen unit: If the outdoor unit is frozen, it may be because of dirty air filters, dirty coils, or refrigerant leaks.
- System short-cycling: If your unit turns off and on frequently without achieving the set temperature, the system could be incorrectly sized or overheated. Alternatively, you could be dealing with refrigerant leaks or a thermostat malfunction.
- Odd odors: Mold growth, pest infestations, and electrical problems can cause the heat pump to emit strange smells.
Heat Pump Repair Vs. Replacement
In most cases, you can expect your heat pump to provide 10 to 15 years of reliable operation. As with all HVAC systems, you can expect performance and reliability to decrease and repair costs and frequency to increase as your heat pump ages.
Repairs are preferred, especially if you have a newer unit still covered by the manufacturer’s warranty. However, a new unit is the most cost-effective option if you have an older unit that requires any repair that exceeds more than 50% of the heat pump replacement cost.
We also recommend replacing your heat pump if it’s improperly sized for your home. Maybe you expanded your living space with a home addition, or you thought a larger unit wouldn’t need to run as much, but your HVAC system needs to be approximately sized to your home to meet your comfort needs. The unit will operate less efficiently, require more frequent repairs, and fail sooner than expected. Replacing it sooner rather than later can save you money in the long run.
Contact Blue Bear Plumbing, Heating & Air For Heat Pump Repairs In The MetroWest
Our family-owned and -operated company proudly serves clients throughout the MetroWest area. Our NATE-certified HVAC technicians have the skills and expertise to keep your heat pump in excellent condition.
At Blue Bear Plumbing, Heating & Air, we proudly offer:
- 24/7 emergency services
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- The Blue Care Maintenance Plan
- Expert advice and recommendations
- Friendly, responsive service
- And more!
Contact Blue Bear Plumbing, Heating & Air at 781-706-4682 to schedule fast heat pump services for your home!