24/7 Emergency Air Conditioning Repair in South Boston & The South Shore, MA
Most South Shore homeowners know the frustration of feeling warm or no air blowing from their vents.
When your air conditioner breaks down, contact Blue Bear Plumbing, Heating & Air and request 24-hour emergency air conditioning repairs.
Our friendly staff is available 24/7 to answer your call, and we’ll send an expert HVAC technician to repair your cooling system as soon as possible.
Call 781-706-4682 now to request emergency HVAC repairs for your South Shore home.
Signs You Need Emergency AC Repair
Here are a few signs that your cooling system needs emergency AC repairs:
- There’s a puddle of water underneath the unit or one of the air handlers.
- You smell something burning within the unit.
- No air is blowing out of the vents.
- One room is significantly warmer or cooler than another.
- Your outdoor unit is frozen over.
Notice any of these signs? Schedule 24-hour emergency HVAC repair with Blue Bear Plumbing, Heating & Air by calling 781-706-4682.
DIY Air Conditioning Troubleshooting
You might be able to fix the problem with your AC without needing to call an HVAC technician. Before you request emergency air conditioning repairs:
- Check for a clogged filter: If it’s been more than three months since your last HVAC filter change, the dirty air filter could be restricting airflow. Replace the air filter and see if the AC turns on. If not, try the other troubleshooting tips.
- Look for a tripped breaker on your electrical panel: Make sure the circuit breaker connected to your HVAC unit is switched on. If not, flip the breaker. If it continually trips, you need emergency AC repair.
- Check your thermostat setting: Ensure your system is set to cool with the fan on auto. You need professional service if your thermostat isn’t responsive or the HVAC unit doesn’t turn on when you adjust the settings.
- Replace thermostat batteries: The thermostat is the brain of your HVAC system. Try new batteries if you have a programmable thermostat. If you have a smart thermostat, just leave it to the professionals.
Common Causes of AC Breakdowns
A few key cooling system components are behind many breakdowns. Common causes of an HVAC breakdown include:
- Dirty evaporator coils
- Dirty condenser coils
- Clogged drainage lines
- Weakened or faulty capacitors
- Pitted or burnt-out contactors
Our team of professionals can diagnose what caused a breakdown quickly and provide the right solution.
Air Conditioning Repair vs. Replacement
As a homeowner, it’s difficult to know when to opt for an air conditioning replacement over a repair. You want to get the most out of your current HVAC system but shouldn’t pay for costly repairs on a failing unit.
We recommend considering an air conditioner replacement instead of repair when:
- The unit is more than 10 years old.
- You’re suddenly paying a lot more on your energy bills.
- Repair costs are over half the cost of a replacement.
- Your system needs frequent repairs.
- Your AC uses R-22 refrigerant.
In many other cases, your system can likely be repaired. However, if replacement is the best option, our team can install a new unit that fits your needs and budget.
The South Shore’s Top-Rated Choice for Emergency AC Repair
The team at Blue Bear Plumbing, Heating & Air is proud to be known as the local HVAC provider that South Shore residents can depend on for after-hours service.
Our friendly staff is invested in supporting our community, so we do our best to quickly provide the service you need whenever you call. We guarantee 100% satisfaction.